Sunday, January 10, 2016

REMEMBER

A few weeks ago I went to my family reunion and we were all at Sunday school, the theme was about remembering those that have passed on. It was a beautiful service, but I got to thinking later do I want to be remembered by man? Or by GOD? Every man that has ever left a legacy in this world did something worldly, something man thought was impressive, but Apostle Paul tells in Galatians the 4th chapter " It's not of works lasting any man should boast".
If we have done something people will remember years after we are gone, chances are it is something we could have bragged about. So I THOUGHT AGAIN DO I WANT TO BE REMEMBERED BY MAN OR BY GOD? If I left my mark on this world and everyone talks about what I did years after I'm gone then will God remember me when I stand before the thrown? God is not impress by the same things that impress man. When you look at the Prophets you may wonder why they lived the way they lived and did the things they did...it just doesn't make sense to man. But Hebrews the 11th chapter says " The world was not worthy of them".
If God had not put them in his book I doubt anyone would have bothered to remember them. But everybody remembers Einstein, but why ? What did he do for God? Nothing but he impressed man. So when Job and Einstein stand before God who do YOU think God will remember?
If no one ever remembers my name, if no one shows up to my funeral, if God remembers and is there, that is all that matters to me.

REMEMBER