Sunday, January 10, 2016

CHRIST LIKE

Did you know about 3.5 million US residents including 1.35 million children have been homeless for a significant period of time (washintonprofile.org)? Did you also know that in Matthew the 25th chapter Jesus said these words?

"41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand Depart from me, ye cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry, and ye did not give me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink; 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked, and ye clothed me not; sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44 Then shall they also answer, saying Lord, when saw we thee hungry, or athirst, or a stanger, naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not unto one of these least, ye did it not unto me. 46 And these shall go away into eternal punishment: but the righteous into eternal life."

If you read from the 31st versus you will see how Jesus says God will judge you on how you treat those less then you. How can we call ourselves Christians (Christ Like) if we do not do what Christ asks of us? Jesus helped the drunks, whores, the least of us, those "the good church people" (Scribes and Pharisees) wouldn't even look at. Are you brave enough to step away from the safety of your church house and do what Christ did? Are you like the Scribes and Pharisees who used religion to look good or are you like the Disciples who followed Jesus and cared nothing about what those "good church people" thought of them? Are we Christ like enough to take our own time to talk to the homeless, or to feed the poor?

One last thought: The bible tells us to pay tithes but tithes are not offerings for a church they are offerings to God. If your church is not helping those in need tithe to God, when he is naked clothe him. When he is hungry feed him. Give unto the least of you so when you are standing in front of God he'll look down on you and say "Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world".